Have you been plagued with anxiety and worry about circumstances in your life? From Philippians 4, Pastor Brady gives the biblical prescription for peace that is real, unexplainable, and beyond human reasoning so that we have radical faith, we walk by faith, and we have strong faith to resist the temptation to worry.
Sermon Discussion Questions:
- In her message, what does Pastor Brady share is the “greatest way to get an audience with God”? What words or phrases “speak well” of God?
- Read Philippians 4:4-7. Why do you think Paul encourages the reader to “rejoice in the Lord” twice in 4:4?
- What are some attributes of joy? What are some attributes of happiness or being happy? What distinguishes joy from happiness?
- In Philippians 4:5, what reason does Paul give as to why we should rejoice and be gentle with others? How does Pastor Brady define “at hand’?
- Pastor Brady shares what she has learned in her relationship with the Lord. In your relationship with Jesus Christ, what have you learned about Him? How will you use this knowledge of Him to help you combat worry and anxiety?
- What circumstances are causing you to be anxious and to worry; thereby, preventing you from entering into God’s Peace? What does God’s Word say about your circumstances?
- What words or dialogue has the enemy been using as weapons and threats against your faith in God? What has God said?
- Review Philippians 4:4-7. How have you reversed Paul’s prescribed order and prayed “backwards”? When heeding the steps outlined by Paul what is the result?
- In God’s Word we are commanded “do not worry” (Matthew 6:25-35) and “be anxious for nothing” (Philippians 4:6). What will you do to build up and fortify your heart against worry and anxiety?
- From today’s message, what does Pastor Brady say happens when we allow our hearts and minds to be “cluttered” with fear, anxiety, or worry? How will you apply what you have learned in today’s message?